Monday, May 27, 2013

Back from the dead!

Howdy Howdy! I am back and cooking again! These last 2 weeks have been quite a busy slur! We had a session of classes finish at the office, a short seminar, and the beginning of a new session all in the midst of being sick and re-occurrence of my back issues but all in the world is calm once more. 
Today I will share with you, not an actual food eating thing but I decided to go with a little different vibe for the ladies that check out my blog. Today I bring to you, *drum roll* beauty products using only things you can find in your kitchen! 
I know it sounds lame but these things work wonders for your skin and whats even better? They are cheap! 
Ok so here we go:
First up is my personal favorite. Avocado and honey face mask! Now, sounds sticky and gross but your skin will feel amazing afterwards. You take an avocado and mash it up and add about a teaspoon to a tablespoon of honey to it and spread it all over your face, leave it for 15 minutes then rinse it off and feel the wonderful softness it leaves behind! ALSO! If you want you can just rub honey on your face, a little bit stickier but it works wonders as well. 
Next on my list is baking soda micro scrub. All you need it baking soda and water. Wet your face to where it is dripping then rub a little baking soda onto your skin and it will clean out all those yucky blackheads that always show up. It does wonders for your pores. It will sting a bit but it really works! After about 5 minutes rinse it off and dry your face. 
Last on my list is a really important one. Store bought astringents to close your pores have so many chemicals that can burn your skin and eyes. One really simple one you can use is lemon juice and water! Mix about a tablespoon of lemon juice to a tablespoon of water and rub on your face with a cotton ball. It will leave your face feeling fresh. 
That is all I have for you guys today but stay tuned! I have a really yummy banana chocolate cupcake recipe as well as my once a week challenge blog in the making already!
Happy Eating! 
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment