Monday, April 29, 2013

Zesty Chiken

Alright there is ,yet again, a story behind this recipe. 
I had late class one night and my sweet brother offered to cook dinner for my sister and I and just send it home with us in containers. Well what he made was awesome! So I wanted to try to recreate it! What this is...is not what he made...it was my attempt at it. Oh but did it turn out awesome! 
So, this is an Amy Murrell original recipe! Discovered when attempting to match another recipe from memory. (grin) 
Here we go! 
There are your ingredients! A1 Steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce, Tarragon  Marjoram, Thyme, Rosemary  and Chicken! Not too hard right? Right! 
I cut the chicken up in cube/spears (Just cut them in cubes, they only turned into spears because I cut weird!) then combined all the sauces together in a bowl and let the chicken marinate in the sauce for about 15-20 minutes. 
When the 20 minutes passed by, I added the herbs into the bowl and mixed it around with my hands (ewwww). After washing my hands thoroughly, in a frying pan I some oil in the pan and heated it up. When it was as hot as I wanted I added the entire bowl of chicken, sauce and all. I covered it and let it go for about 10 minutes before turning the meat. I let it go for about 15 more minutes then removed the covering and let it simmer for about 5 more minutes. By this time...the house smelled amazing! 
Once it was done, we ate it with rice and, man oh man, was it delicious. Sara gave it a 5 star again! Win! 
As promised the recipe:

2-3 Large Chicken breasts
4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
4 Tablespoons A1 steak sauce
3 Tablespoons Oyster sauce
1 teaspoon Tarragon
1 teaspoon Marjoram
1 teaspoon Thyme
1 teaspoon Rosemary
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil

Cut up chicken and set aside. In large mixing bowl add all sauces and mix well. Once mixed, add chicken to bowl and mix till chicken is coated and let stand for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes add herbs and mix well. In frying pan, heat olive oil. Add meat and cover for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes flip meat and allow to cook for 15 more minutes then uncover. Let simmer for 5 more minutes then remove from heat. Enjoy!

Happy Eating!
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Nomnom! Sounds deelish and easy to make. Do you have a version with veggies as well? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super easy to make. I would imagine adding potatoes or tomatoes would add something quite fabulous to it! I didn't even think about that.

      Delete