Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pork Stew!

After a long day at the office cleaning and organizing yesterday, Sara and I were trying to decide what to do for dinner and I said, "Hey! I can make something to blog about!" So I did! I took 2 "stew" recipes and did what I do best :P. I Frankenstiened them!
I got this new wonderful app on my iPod called "What's for Dinner?". Basically it takes all the well known apps and combines them! You can search for a single ingredient and it pops up all sorts of 4-5 star rated recipes! You can also do meal planning if that is what you are wanting but it is an all around cool app. If you are interested you can find it here in the app store.
Anyway, the recipes I took it from pretty much were used as...inspiration. (Ha!) It took a lot more ingredients than I was really expecting but it was totally worth it.

I used the basic staples of stew (Broth, Potatoes, Carrots, Onion and some meat). I started it all out with cutting up the veggies.
It took a long time to get that all done which was really not what I was hoping for. You might notice I did not peel my potatoes. I never do! You cheat yourself out of so many good vitamins just from the skins. I just wash them and cut them. They are fantastic!
The next thing I did was I cut up the meat in cubes. I used tenderloin again because it is my favorite cut of pork. It is good for if you want an easy cut of meat you don't have to tenderize. I put it in my pan with some bay leaves and a bit of oil to make sure the meat didn't burn and browned the meat. Once it was browned I added my sauce. My sauce was just pork broth and Worcestershire sauce. Once that was mixed in I added the needed sugar, paprika, salt, pepper and ground cloves (believe it or not).

By this time...the house smelled...intense! I was already hungry so it made cooking hard. The recipe I was using said to take out the bay leaves but I decided to wait till after I was done to do that. Then it was time to add the veggies. After I got those in there it looked so pretty!
Then I just covered it and walked away...not entirely though. Had to come back and stir every now and them but it was suppose to come to "an intense boil" while it was cooking. It took about 30 minutes for the veggies to get tender and after they did I added the corn starch to thicken it to "Stewy thickness".
After that I let it go for about 10 more minutes then Sara and I feasted on this wonderful recipe of stew! She took a little taste of the soup and said, "If it tastes anything like the soup, you have another 5 star here." She then took a bite then held up 5 fingers nodding her head. This is a keeper recipe!
We had it with rice and, oh my my was it good. Like i said in the last blog, I am not shy to share my recipes so if you want it just ask!
Happy Eating!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment